Hello everyone -
Full disclosure, I'm new to linux and new to Ubuntu, but finally made the switch from Windows today. upon trying to open steam I get
Running Steam on ubuntu 16.04 64-bit
STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically
[2016-08-15 01:09:43] Startup - updater built Jul 8 2016 21:43:51
SteamUpdateUI: An X Error occurred
X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
I saw some other threads here mentioning installing the proprietary drivers for my GPU, which is a Radeon R7 250, but I am unsure how to go about doing that. Is there a specific command I run to uninstall my current drivers first? The AMD webpage only shows a driver listed for Ubuntu 15.04, and I was unsure if that will run on 16.04. Sorry if this has been answered before, I looked around and was unable to find it. I look forward to hearing from yall.
Thanks,
J
Steam issue
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire