Pages

[ubuntu] System hangs for 20-30 seconds randomly.

lundi 15 août 2016

I have been running Ubuntu for some time on my PC without any problems. Last week I upgraded my GPU to an Nvidia GTX 1070, from two GTX 580. And at the same time I updated BIOS (as the new graphics card wouldn't work with the old BIOS for some reason). And I installed a new SSD ( Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5" SSD) which I installed Ubuntu on, I was running Ubuntu on a very old and slow HDD before. And now I have some kind of really weird issue. The whole system gets stuck at random and then gets unstuck about 20-30 seconds later and then it goes for about a minute and then it happens again and again. Some time it messes up the boot process so I have to reboot by pressing the powerbutton. If I run a terminal and it get stuck I can see that the indicator stops blinking and when it gets unstuck it blinks very fast (as of to make up for lost time or something), if I write something at that moment multiple characters are entered. Before I upgraded the PC Ubuntu ran fine ... I have Windows 10 installed as well and it runs fine.

What should I do? Which log should I look in for more info?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



[ubuntu] System hangs for 20-30 seconds randomly.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire