Pages

The Welcome Installation dialog box not showing up when booting from the bootable USB

samedi 13 août 2016

Hi. I've been searching hard for days as well searched in this Ubuntu Forum before posting this issue i cant find solution...seems like other people do not really encounter this problem...

I want to install Ubuntu Privacy Remix to my Sony Viao VPCEA35FG laptop to replace Windows 7 (as well wipe the hard drive completely).
I downloaded the UPR 12.04r1 iso image from here: http://ift.tt/SG7gCh
(Mirror 3 is the only one that worked)

I used Unetbootin to create a bootable live USB drive for ubuntu: http://ift.tt/2beuYzr

The Welcome installation dialog box not showing up when booting from the bootable USB which has Ubuntu Privacy Remix in it.
What appears is the Ubuntu blue screen with reptile robot image with a menu list...i tried many times to figure out where i can access the Install dialog to no avail.

So then I tried Universal USB installer: http://ift.tt/1gSmZDT
I managed to locate the dialog section where i could install Ubuntu (but its not the Ubuntu Welcome Install dialog box). It instructed to write the command "install" in prompt dialog.
I wrote install and hit enter then there's error msg saying: "Could not find kernel image"

So i googled "Could not find kernel image". I followed this instruction well, did it few times, didn't work:
http://ift.tt/1wXM5tz

I also tried to use Boot repair, ran it twice, didn't solve the issue: http://ift.tt/155B36T

My issue is, I can only use Ubuntu privacy remix via bootable live USB. I want to install it to my computer.

Btw, since i still cannot install ubuntu and im eager to remove Windows 7 i used the OS uninstaller of Boot repair.
So now Windows 7 has been removed from my sony vaio, no more OS. I tried to boot from the USB with Ubuntu privacy remix in it,
it was booting from it but no network connection. I guess after Ubuntu has been installed the internet connection will get back?

As a side note, since i wanted to wipe my hard drive, before trying to install Ubuntu, i tried Dban software to wipe the hard drive and got a"non-fatal error" msg so wiping the hard drive failed.
Just wanted to include this info in case it may give more clue or something about the issue.

I'd really appreciate any assistance on this. Thanks a lot.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



The Welcome Installation dialog box not showing up when booting from the bootable USB

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire