I've always been curious about midi interface mapping and software synths, i noticed the only software synth that i have found in the interface of ubuntu midimapping is timidity.
I wonder how come there is so few devices mappable in the synth settings. Somtimes you do not want to run a daw to try out soundsettings.
For a while MS Windows had the excellent SoundCanvas synth "not soundfont" and the Yamaha XG as mappable midiout devices, but they are no longer available. I know that Munt MT32 had dll's that let it run as a mapped midi out device.
I wonder what prevent having a simple VSTI host running as a mapped midiout device, do they not follow the GM,GS, XG standard for general midiout devices?
If someone know howto get Munt MT32 running as a choseable midi out device in the "general application" interfaces or have a link to how it can be done i would love to hear about it.
Intel Compute stick Ubuntu 1 GB memory 6 GB internal storage, but running LXDE from SD card 64 GB.
Just purchased a Behringer UMX 490 and UCA222 interface that i hope will work nice with UBUNTU.
Best regards Jonas Thörnvall
***I think the ability to be able to map VSTI and Ladspa? GM,GS XG plugins as midi interfaces using a simple midi interface plugin host would be a great advantage, somtimes you just want to listen to the music using different devices and not poke around with a DAW or complicated PLUGIN host and sequenser to make it happen.
[lxde] Ubuntu midi interface mapping?
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire