Pages

[ubuntu] Can't print to Dell B1160w printer after installing Xenial

dimanche 7 août 2016

Until recently, I was using Trusty Tahr and had no problems printing to my Dell B1160w USB direct-attached USB printer. But when I installed Xenial Xerus, I can no longer print. The printer appears to be recognized correctly, and it appears in the Printers settings panel. But when I click the "Print Test Page" button, nothing happens.

When I "lpr testDoc.txt", the lights blink on the printer, but nothing prints. A pop-up prompt tells me it is "Printing" and then "Printing Completed" -- but nothing prints.

##

Here are some error messages in /var/log/cups/error_log:

> tail -f /var/log/cups/error_log (...when printing test page from printer settings panel)

E [28/Jul/2016:18:48:42 -0400] [Client 59] Returning IPP client-error-document-format-not-supported for Print-Job (ipp://localhost/printers/B1160w-Mono-Laser-Printer) from localhost

> tail -f /var/log/cups/error_log (...when re-attaching USB cable after removing printer from printer settings panel)

E [07/Aug/2016:08:47:47 -0400] [cups-deviced] PID 4140 (gutenprint52+usb) stopped with status 1!
W [07/Aug/2016:08:48:01 -0400] CreateProfile failed: org.freedesktop.ColorManager.AlreadyExistsrofile id \'B1160w-Mono-Laser-Printer-Gray..\' already exists

##

Looking into Gutenprint, I do not see that Dell printers are supported. Is this the problem? If so, how to get around it? Or if not, what else should I be doing to get my printer working with Xerus?

Thanks!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



[ubuntu] Can't print to Dell B1160w printer after installing Xenial

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire