Hello. I have an apple iMac from late 2009 with a radeon HD 4850 GPU, on to which I want to put at this point any linux. I have previously asked for help here: http://ift.tt/2agzmRl however, no one has responded to the thread for a while so I doubt the problem is going to be solved. To reiterate the contents of the above,
Whenever I boot from any linux disk, the screen shuts off immediately after grub. Starting fedora in basic graphics mode alleviated this problem, but the subsequent graphics performance was extremely poor and brightens adjustment didn't function, leading me to believe the GPU isn't being utilized at all. I was also unable to find any equivalent option in the grub menus of the ubuntu disks I tried. After googling, I found this bug, http://ift.tt/2b18BNT which appears to be my problem. I also want to be able to run 64 bit VMs, because I don't have a 32 bit windows product key. if anyone here can do anything to help, or at least inform me that this is unequivocally a lost cause, it would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
[all variants] iMac, late 2009
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire