Hi, I have read a bunch of similar threads, but still need help. I love using Ubuntu, but run into this Permission denial problem occasionally and it never seems like the same procedure works twice!
In prep for upgrading to 16.04 on my 64-bit desktop, I am copying many essential folders from Home to a 32 Gb USB stick. (this is in addition to creating a Back-in-Time backup on a separate partition) All was going well till suddenly all folders and files on the USB became locked. I don't know why this happened. I tried right-clicking on the USB, both in Nautilus and Media, and changing permissions in Properties. But I just got an error message.
So I went into T> gksu nautilus, and tried again, repeatedly, in every way I could think of. I keep getting the error message that I don't have permission to change permissions. Why is this so hard? I just want full access to all my stuff! Is there a way to turn off this annoying default in Ubuntu, so I never have to deal with this again?
Thank you tech gurus!
[ubuntu] Help Changing Permissions, Please!
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire