Pages

[xubuntu] OS boot manager not found after update, 16.04

lundi 18 juillet 2016

I have had a clean install of 16.04 working on my HP x360 for a couple of months, but after a software update yesterday (which asked for a reboot) I get:

Boot device not found
please install an operating system on your hard disk
Hard disk (3F0)

After which the system just hangs. Now, if I re-start and enter the bios, I can get things working using a series of steps for the boot device (choosing <ubuntu>, then some <grub...> option.

Other info:

In the boot screen I also see that I am using UEFI, with the Boot order showing:

USB diskette on key/USB Hard Disk
OS Boot manager
USB CD/DVD ROM drive
! USB network adapter

If I try to choose OS Boot manager though, I get: "OS Boot Manager is not found"

There is also a "Legacy Boot Order", but attempting to enable that gave "Changing this setting may make the system unable to boot the OS. Do you want to make this change". I have no idea if this is safe to try or not.

Help appreciated!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



[xubuntu] OS boot manager not found after update, 16.04

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire