Pages

WiFi Issues with Qualcomm Atheros QCA6174?

samedi 23 juillet 2016

Hey guys, so I'm relatively new to Ubuntu and just installed Ubuntu 16.04 on my laptop (MSI gt72 dominator...)

I love it, and I finally got pretty much everything working, but I'm having one very frustrating issue. Wifi works just fine, but my connection to the internet will stop working a few times an hour. I'll remain connected to a WiFi network, good signal, but the internet will just stop working. I then disconnect and reconnect and it works again. This makes gaming and other things a real pain. Is there a wireless driver I should install that's more reliable than whatever one I'm using now? Also, I've noticed a general slowdown in speed. I used to get around 60 Mb/s, now I'm at around 8 Mb/s.

My Wireless Card:
Qualcomm Atheros QCA6174 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter (rev 20)

More Info:

Code:

  *-network
       description: Wireless interface
       product: QCA6174 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter
       vendor: Qualcomm Atheros
       physical id: 0
       bus info: pci@0000:04:00.0
       logical name: wlp4s0
       version: 20
       serial: 10:08:b1:8a:9e:eb
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wireless
       configuration: broadcast=yes driver=ath10k_pci driverversion=4.4.0-31-generic firmware=SW_RM.1.1.1-00157-QCARMSWPZ-1 ip=192.168.1.19 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11abgn

Let's block ads! (Why?)



WiFi Issues with Qualcomm Atheros QCA6174?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire