Hello,
I have a Chromecast Audio device. And mighty fine it is too - it allows me to play music from my Android 'phone to an amp and set of speakers wirelessly, with very good sound quality. I'm a big Android user and it's a great device.
However I've wondered whether there is any way of setting up an Ubuntu machine as a Chromecast Audio and 'casting' music to it from my Android 'phone? i.e. Is there a way of configuring a Ubuntu machine to present itself to a network as a Chromecast Audio and play music that is cast to it?
The reason I ask is that you can use two Chromecast Audio devices together to play music in sync, thus giving you effectively a multi-room audio system without needing to wire loads of sets of speakers in. If I could make several Ubuntu laptops work as Chromecast Audios then I could play music in all the rooms in my house simultaneously. (I know I can play music from one Ubuntu machine to another by configuring them as DLNA sinks but it's not possible to make them play without differing lag times between the machines, which makes them un-listenable.)
All help welcomed, thank you. Please do ask if my question doesn't make sense.
(Mods: I wasn't sure where to put this topic- I couldn't see a dedicated 'Audio' sub-forum so have put it in the 'Networking' one. Please do move it if there is a better place for it.)
Oli.
[ubuntu] Ubuntu as a Chromecast Audio receiver?
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire