My version:
4.4.0-31-generic
Username@Hostname:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
Release: 16.04
Codename: xenial
The problem:
espeak "test" does not work
sudo espeak "test" works
Audio with firefox youtube doesn't work, but it works with sudo firefox youtube.
Troubleshooting:
Nothing is muted on AlsaMixer
I've tried adding my usernames to the various audio groups such as: sudo adduser MyUsername audio... to no avail.
I've also tried various chown commands on my home directory....
Any ideas?
Other notes:
I originally installed Ubuntu server and then ran a massive bash script file to install all my software from my previous install. My username had sound before the bash script ran, but only as root afterwards.
I'm booting into the terminal and then launching lightdm using systemctl, as needed.
I have had to use chown for .Xauthority to be able to login a time or two.
This same problem exists on two of my machines.
Sound only available as root. I combed the forums without finding any solution.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire