hello,
Green as they come in Ubuntu.
Got a new PC and went for Linux. AMD 8350 , GA990XA , Asus GT710 ( nvidia ). Ubuntu mate 16.04
Questions :
1. Started with TPLink WN725N , worked at about 1/10 the speed I get in my laptop ( 2 mbps vs 20 ).
Tried various fixes from forums, gave it up, got Edimax EW7711USn. Now working at half speed of my laptop ( 10 vs 20 ).
Bit Rate=81 Mb/s Tx-Power=20 dBm
... Power Management : off Link Quality=37/70 Signal level=-73 dBm
... Tx excessive retries:354 Invalid misc:82
Is this the best the hardware can do, or am I doing something wrong ?
It worked OOTB, didn't install the Edimax driver, downloaded bot couldn't find how to, and I have no CDRom.
2. On my first Ubuntu-mate 16.04 install a few days ago,
Ubuntu prompted and downloaded 2 proprietary drivers : one for AMD and one for the GPU.
Since then did several re-installs because of network tinkering.
Now 'additional drivers' says no propietary drivers in use and no additional drivers available.
How can I get the proprietary drivers ?
Thanks and sorry if I mixed issues, tell me if I should split questions by forums.
New install : network and drivers issues
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire