Pages

What is this doing in my /root directory?

lundi 8 août 2016

I seem to have found a .mozilla/ directory inside root's home directory, timestamped august 2, around midnight, as are all of the files. All of the same stuff that's in the directory for my ordinary home dir: extensions, firefox/Crash Reports firefox/profiles.ini firefox/rf2xu4hs.default and the like.

There was also an empty /root/Desktop directory, dated aug 2.

What's more, there's a /root/.config/google-googletalkplugin directory, a /root/.cache/mozilla directory, a /root/.cache/webkit/icondatabase/WebpageIcons.db file, and a /root/.cache/dconf/user file that all seem to be timestamped around aug 2 quarter past midnight. Also a /root/.dbus/sessionbus/1af0aa44a925d3fd81bac27d54dda4fb-0 file with that same date.

I don't go into the /root directory that often, so I don't know what's supposed to be there, but I know the chromium browser has a SUID binary, /usr/lib/chromium-browser/chrome-sandbox (and I recall a second SUID binary with that title, though I can't find it now) which seems like the most likely way these things could get there. I also know that /root is not supposed to have a Desktop or a .mozilla directory. I never log on as root, or perform any commands with elevated priveledges unless I need to.

Is there a legitimate reason why these files and directories are here, and should I worry?

Chopra

Let's block ads! (Why?)



What is this doing in my /root directory?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire