Hi,
I am new on the forum.
I have been looking on the forum but I did not found such problem as is mine.
I am trying to setup MIDI on Studio 14.04 and now also 16.04. Both do not work as I wish.
I have SB Live 5.1 card with MIDI interface what I would like to use.
I setup all in JACK and it seems to work, there is sound and all port appear in "connect" but I can not connect any "device" or application to SB5.1 MPU-401 port, it just not allow me to make such connection, when I drag nothing happens, no connection is made. All other ports what I have as Midi Trough or WaveTable are OK and allow me to connect just UART do not allow me to do that.
Is there any step what I maybe forgot with MIDI settings. I am not interested to play MIDI files (maybe later) I need to connect MIDI devices trough MIDI interface to Ubuntu Studio and be able to control them.
Second my problem also related to MIDI is midi to serial. I have Opcode Studio 64X midi interface which do not work straight with Linux, I was thinking to connect it trough his RS232 port to the PC as it was originally done under win98. I was trying ttyMidi and similar but there is no response from 64x. Does anybody have experience with Opcode path bay and Linux connection?
Thank you for your help.
Regards
Ubuntu Studio MIDI setup
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire