Pages

[ubuntu] How can I change the display resolution of my second monitor?

lundi 8 août 2016

I have already looked into the system preferences and it dosen't list the native resolution of 1280x1024 that my second monitor has. I have already tried a lot of things, so let me just copy over what I did from askubuntu:

Short explanation:

The problem in short is that changing my display resolution to what I want it to be fails, but works in Windows. I tried using xrandr and that failed with a "BadMatch" error. And after that I tried to create an xorg.conf file with "X -configure" in root shell, but that failed with the error "Number of created screens does not match number of detected devices. Configuration failed." How can I cange my screen resolution?

Long explanation:

My Setup
I want to start with that I'm new to ubuntu and just installed the system and the nvidia driver following these steps And now the system specs I think are relevant:

Code:

$ lsb_release -a
    No LSB modules are available.
    Distributor ID:    Ubuntu
    Description:    Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
    Release:    16.04
    Codename:    xenial

CPU: i5-4460
GPU: GTX 970
1. Monitor: acer M230HDL (works perfectly)
2. Monitor: Philips 190S8 (works with wrong resolution) Manual with a lot of information.

First Try

1.

Code:

$ cvt 1280 1024 60   
    # 1280x1024 59.89 Hz (CVT 1.31M4) hsync: 63.67 kHz; pclk: 109.00 MHz
    Modeline "1280x1024_60.00"  109.00  1280 1368 1496 1712  1024 1027 1034 1063 -hsync +vsync
2.

Code:

$ xrandr --newmode "1280x1024_60.00"  108.88  1280 1360 1496 1712  1024 1025 1028 1060  -HSync +Vsync
3.

Code:

$ xrandr
    Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 3072 x 1080, maximum 16384 x 16384
    DVI-I-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
    DVI-I-1 connected 1152x864+1920+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 0mm x 0mm
       1024x768      60.00 +
       1360x768      59.96    59.80  
       1152x864      60.00* 
       800x600       72.19    60.32    56.25  
       680x384       59.96    59.80  
       640x480       59.94  
       512x384       60.00  
       400x300       72.19  
       320x240       60.05  
    HDMI-0 connected primary 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 509mm x 286mm
       1920x1080     60.00*+  60.00    59.94    50.00    49.95    60.00    50.04  
       1680x1050     59.95  
       1280x1024     75.02    60.02  
       1280x720      60.00    59.94    50.00  
       1152x864      75.00  
       1024x768      75.03    70.07    60.00  
       800x600       75.00    60.32    56.25  
       720x576       50.00    50.08  
       720x480       59.94  
       640x480       75.00    72.81    59.94    59.93  
    DP-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
    DP-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
    DP-2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
    DP-3 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
    DP-4 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
    DP-5 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
      1280x1024_60.00 (0x30f) 108.880MHz -HSync +VSync
            h: width  1280 start 1360 end 1496 total 1712 skew    0 clock  63.60KHz
            v: height 1024 start 1025 end 1028 total 1060           clock  60.00Hz

4.

Code:

$ xrandr --addmode DVI-I-1 1280x1024_60.00
    X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
    Major opcode of failed request:  140 (RANDR)
    Minor opcode of failed request:  18 (RRAddOutputMode)
    Serial number of failed request:  47
    Current serial number in output stream:  48

Second try

1. Boot into root shell.
2. Make / read-write `mount -o remount,rw /`
3.

Code:

$ X -configure
        some output (will add if asked)
        Number of created screens does not match number of detected devices. Configuration failed.

The Question
How the hell do I
a) get a modeline that will work with my second monitor?
b) get a xorg.conf that I can edit so that I can change the resolution in there?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



[ubuntu] How can I change the display resolution of my second monitor?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire