Hi.
With the upgrade to 16.04, as you probably know, there's no proprietary driver for AMD graphics cards. We have to stick to the opensource driver included in the kernel, which is great, but doesn't work with certain software (like Steam or X-Plane). This is the fault of ATI/AMD, of course (lack of support for Linux).
Anyway, here I am with an all AMD environment: motherboard with integrated graphics and processor. All AMD/ATI.
So, what I would like to know is if I can buy a NVIDIA (or Intel) PCIe card and use it over my current motherboard, AMD processor and AMD graphics card.
- Will that work out of the box - just plug and play?
- If not, how easy is it to make it work (if it's possible)?
- Are there any recommended PCIe NVIDIA cards for Steam and other games which are no too expensive?
Thanks!
[other] Install NVIDIA card over integrated AMD card, processor and motherboard?
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire