UEFI or BIOS? (how you boot installer is then how it installs)
Shows install with screen shots. Both BIOS purple accessibility screen & UEFI black grub menu screen
http://ift.tt/11ugjsT
I couldn't honestly tell you UEFI or BIOS. My assumption is BIOS, but I'm not sure. How would I know for sure? I'll try to take some screen shots and post them.
Are you planning on installing Windows?
No, I do not plan on installing Windows. My intentions was to run the machine solely with Ubuntu.
Is drive gpt or MBR partitioned?
GPT Advantages (older 2010 but still valid) see post#2 by srs5694:
http://ift.tt/2aoV5Y6
http://ift.tt/2aoVV6O
http://ift.tt/2aoV7yV
I'll have to read through the links, but all the parts are brand new and this is a fresh build that I completed this morning.
With gpt you must have an ESP - efi system partition as FAT32 with boot flag for UEFI grub to install. Or if BIOS/CSM/Legacy you must have a 1 or 2MB unformatted partition with bios_grub flag for grub's core.img so it can install correctly.
http://ift.tt/1i2w1CG
I've tried google searching and troubleshooting, but haven't found anything that's worked.
Grub-install failure
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire