Pages

Elkarbackup Dependency Problem on 16.04

lundi 15 août 2016

Hi All,

I am trying to install Elkarbackup, following their official instructions found here: http://ift.tt/2aXdU1i

Unfortunately it has a few problematic dependencies: php5, php5-cli, php5-mysql. These packages aren't available in Ubuntu 16.04. (Not sure why their installation instructions specifically say this version is fine...)

I tried a third party repository for installing PHP 5.6, but the packages there were named differently, like php5.6-cli, so they didn't satisfy the dependency for the package.

Code:

# apt-get install elkarbackup
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:


The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 elkarbackup : Depends: php5 but it is not installable
               Depends: php5-cli but it is not installable
               Depends: php5-mysql but it is not installable
               Depends: libssh2-php but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Is there any way I can work around this besides using an older version of Ubuntu? Seems to me if I install php5.6 manually from a third party repository, I should be able to "ignore" this dependency and the software should still work.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Elkarbackup Dependency Problem on 16.04

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire