Pages

[xubuntu] Troubleshooting Firefox in 16.04

lundi 25 juillet 2016

Hello,

After a recent reinstallation, I'm unable to open Firefox normally--I receive the error message,

Code:

Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system.
If I look at System Monitor, there is no instance of Firefox until I try to start it, then two appear immediately followed by the error message.

I've tried completely removing and reinstalling FF, running killall firefox and trying again; I've deleted .mozilla/.firefox, then uninstalled/reinstalled and probably tried a few other things that are now crowded out of my gourd.

This 'feels' to me like a profile problem, but if it is I don't understand how to fix it.

I can start Firefox with

Code:

sudo firefox
after which it works perfectly but recall reading that this is highly inadvisable so I'm troubleshooting it from Epihany instead.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



[xubuntu] Troubleshooting Firefox in 16.04

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire