Okay, I hope there are people who like to solve these kind of problems online. :)
I have CQ58-250SM compaq hp laptop, and it's... no good.
It suddenly restarts in windows, fails, blablabla... So I gave linux a shot, because I need only couple of things: Wifi support, browser, videos, music, simple word processor.
I tried Lubuntu, machine keeps restarting, then I tried RAM only systems, Linux Puppy, which works great, and Porteus, also great, but my wifi is not supported anywhere (as well in lubuntu, really buggy)
My question is - can you explain a complete linux noob how to install wifi drivers without active internet connection (I can download files on my desktop and transfer them to laptop) so I can use my wireless adapter in any distro?
I'm downloading Xubuntu atm and will try it, but I think I will have same problem as with Lubuntu - device not ready or I could not find module at all like on puppy.
Thanks in advance!
[xubuntu] Ralink RT3290 causing problems
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire