Pages

WiFi doesn't work after system freeze. How to reinstall drivers?

lundi 25 juillet 2016

I was browsing the Internet in chrome when my system froze, completely unresponsive. I waited an hour and checked back and it was still frozen, so I had to just power down by holding the power button. Ever since, my WiFi is gone. When I click on the little WiFi icon in the system bar up top, the "Enable Wifi" option is gone, and obviously no WiFi names are present. A proper restart does nothing, and I have no way to get a wired connection established.

Edit:

Code:

rfkill list all
outputs nothing.

Code:

dmesg | grep iwl
outputs nothing.

Code:

lsmod | grep iwl
outputs nothing.

Code:

lspci
outputs

Code:

3a:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Device 9d21 (rev 21)
. And

Code:

sudo dpkg --configure -a
outputs nothing.

I've been suggested to reinstall my wifi drivers. How do I go about that, especially with no connection?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



WiFi doesn't work after system freeze. How to reinstall drivers?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire