I am totally new to the Linux operating system flavors. I know nothing about the repair and maintenance of this new kind of OS. A friend suggested I install and try Zorin as an operating system since it did not need any configuration. I cut a USB and installed it. It read the updates from the network and installed them fine, with no errors. After re-boot, the Wired connection was not there. After trying all I could, I decided that the Zorin OS was not working with the network. Since I saw it was based on Ubuntu, I decided that it was Zorin which had a problem. I decided to go to Ubuntu 16.10. I cut a USB and installed Ubuntu. It read fine from the network and asked if I wanted to update it since there was updates outstanding. I replied "Yes" and it downloaded them from the network and installed the updates without error. After re-boot, the Network was no longer working at all; eth0 was nowhere to be found. The conclusion I arrived at was that the problem was in the Ubuntu system base for Zorin. If there is a fix for this dilemma, please let me know so I can continue to use what seems to be a good operating system and a positive change from Windows (That is the OS I am using to send this post). If there is a series of commands to enter which will give a clue to the base of the problem, I can enter them and post the results to assist anyone who has an idea what to do next.
I would say that it seems strange to have an operating system commit fratricide after updating. If the system wants to disconnect from the outside world, I would think the user might want to have the option to say "No"
[ubuntu] Wired Network Connection deleted by 16.10 update
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire