Pages

[ubuntu] WiFi Not Working in Lenovo G50-80 on Ubuntu 14.04

samedi 16 juillet 2016

HI,

I use Lenovo G50-80 laptop with dual boot to Ubuntu 14.04. The Wifi was not working until I tried below steps to solve it. BUT now after a recent update it is again not working. I repeated the below steps still doesnt work. Really appreciate if someone helps me out here.

Step 1:


installing the firmware using
git clone http://ift.tt/2a00i8O
sudo cp -r ath10k-firmware/ath10k/ /lib/firmware/
cd /lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA6164
sudo cp -r hw2.1/ /lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA6174/

Reboot


Step 2:

you also need
sudo apt-get install build-essential linux-headers-$(uname -r) git
echo "options ath10k_core skip_otp=y" | sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/ath10k_core.conf
wget http://ift.tt/29ZZyk3
tar -zxvf backports-20150903.tar.gz
cd backports-20150903
make defconfig-ath10k
make
sudo make install

Then reboot
Thanks,
Kartik Shrikant Hegde

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.
Recommended article from FiveFilters.org: Most Labour MPs in the UK Are Revolting.



[ubuntu] WiFi Not Working in Lenovo G50-80 on Ubuntu 14.04

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire