Ok, here is my issue. I'm a musician who uses Peterson Tuners. Peterson allows me to be able to manage the devices that I own via a Chrome app that's called Peterson Connect. Unfortunately, my tuners are not detected from a Linux platform. I opened a support ticket with Peterson and their most recent reply provided me with the information below from the Caveats section of the following URL....
Not all devices can be accessed through the USB API. In general, devices are not accessible because either the Operating System's kernel or a native driver holds them off from user space code. Some examples are devices with HID profiles on OSX systems, and USB pen drives.
On most Linux systems, USB devices are mapped with read-only permissions by default. To open a device through this API, your user will need to have write access to it too. A simple solution is to set a udev rule. Create a file /etc/udev/rules.d/50-yourdevicename.rules with the following content:
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="[yourdevicevendor]", MODE="0664", GROUP="plugdev"
Then, just restart the udev daemon: service udev restart. You can check if device permissions are set correctly by following these steps:
Run lsusb to find the bus and device numbers.
Run ls -al /dev/bus/usb/[bus]/[device]. This file should be owned by group "plugdev" and have group write permissions.
Your app cannot do this automatically since this this procedure requires root access. We recommend that you provide instructions to end-users and link to the Caveats section on this page for an explanation.
On Chrome OS, simply call usb.requestAccess. The permission broker does this for you.
Content available under the CC-By 3.0 license
GoogleTerms of ServicePrivacy PolicyReport a content bug
I get that I need to create a file named "50-yourdevicename.rules" within the directory /etc/udev/rules.d. That file should include the following information....
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="[yourdevicevendor]", MODE="0664", GROUP="plugdev"
Here's where I'm a little lost. In the brackets following ATTR, what should be entered for the "idVendor" and also "yourdevicevendor"? Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks!
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.
Recommended article from FiveFilters.org: Most Labour MPs in the UK Are Revolting.
[ubuntu] Modify USB API for Google Chrome...
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire