This is the error I got when trying the latest update on 16.04.
E: linux-image-4.2.0-41-generic: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
E: linux-image-extra-4.2.0-41-generic: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
How this happened - when in 15.10 I was deleting excess files in /boot. I deleted the current one. The one mentioned above. A big whoops - to say the least. Tried to fix with synaptic, no luck, then moved on to 16.04 and some more fix with synaptic and it still wants the old image.
What can I do to remedy this? At least I now discovered the best way to clean out /boot and it's in a file on my desktop.
Ron
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.
Recommended article from FiveFilters.org: Most Labour MPs in the UK Are Revolting.
[ubuntu] Missing vmlinuz file - can't update kernel
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire