Pages

[ubuntu] Install Celestia on 32-bit Xenial

lundi 18 juillet 2016

Hi. I think Celestia is a great program and I found these instructions on AskUbuntu for Celestia and Xenial: http://ift.tt/2a2WNg5

Is it even wise to put Celestia on 16.04, should I just consider the program a casualty of time? This sentence is what one user wtote:

Notice that celestia depends on several packages that are known for break backwards compatibility (libgtk) and this version can cause problems on the foreseeable future


The post:

The answer provided by dadexix86 works and if you want to check the checksums of the packages for security (since the packages aren't being installed by apt, their integrity is not automatically checked (I think)), it's probably best to do everything manually.

However, for a simple copy-paste solution, the following bash commands should do the job (assuming you have a 64-bit, standard, fresh Ubuntu 16.04 installation):
UBUNTU_MIRROR=http://ift.tt/29KaBs3

# common
sudo apt-get install liblua5.1-0
wget "${UBUNTU_MIRROR}"/celestia-common_1.6.1+dfsg-3.1_all.deb
sudo dpkg -i celestia-common_1.6.1+dfsg-3.1_all.deb
sudo apt-get install celestia-common-nonfree

# for celestia-glut
wget "${UBUNTU_MIRROR}"/celestia-glut_1.6.1+dfsg-3.1_amd64.deb
sudo apt-get install freeglut3
sudo dpkg -i celestia-glut_1.6.1+dfsg-3.1_amd64.deb

# for celestia-gnome
wget "${UBUNTU_MIRROR}"/celestia-gnome_1.6.1+dfsg-3.1_amd64.deb
sudo apt-get install libgtkglext1 libgnome2-0 libgnomeui-0
sudo dpkg -i celestia-gnome_1.6.1+dfsg-3.1_amd64.deb
This includes the dependencies (installed using apt from Xenial) and celestia-common-nonfree (also installed from Xenial).
End Post.

For the wget lines, should i enter the " and the $ or should I just go right into the address?

If it is okay to put Celestia on Xenial, should I just replace the amd64.deb with i386.deb? In the post, the address of Celestia is given and the poster writes that the user can just download it there--I couldn't find a way to make the program run.

Thanks,
Anthony

Let's block ads! (Why?)



[ubuntu] Install Celestia on 32-bit Xenial

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire