Pages

Thunderbird Problems

dimanche 24 juillet 2016

Forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong forum...not really sure where it should go.

I originally changed my laptop to LUBUNTU a couple years ago and it worked GREAT! Light weight, fast...really a good
OS. Little by little I succumbed to "update" nags and now apparently have ended up with UBUNTU 16.04 LTS distribution in the LXDE desktop environment and the kernel is LINUX 4.4.0-31-generic (i686). I am using Thunderbird version 38.8.0.
My laptop is an old HP Compaq nc6220 1.73 gHz

I also have been using Thunderbird for a couple years and it worked flawlessly. In the last week it either become corrupted or something has changed. I have been able to move my emails within it to new folders so I am now able to send and receive HOWEVER Thunderbird displays an annoying trait in that when I click to launch it, it waits about 10 seconds before the little animated icon appears and starts moving to indicate messages are being downloaded.

I concede a lot of this is Greek to me so if I sound as if I am stupid, I am.

I checked my "Error Console" on Thunderbird and it shows the following 3 items:

Code:

While registering XPCOM module file:///usr/lib/thunderbird/components/libdbusservice.so, trying to re-register CID '{75a500a2-0030-40f7-86f8-63f225b940ae}' already registered by <static module>.

Failed to load native module at path '/usr/lib/thunderbird/components/libxpcomsample.so': (80004005) /usr/lib/thunderbird/components/libxpcomsample.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Could not read chrome manifest 'file:///usr/lib/thunderbird/extensions/%7B972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd%7D/chrome.manifest'.
I suspect this might have something to do with my Thunderbird problems. As per the Thunderbird FAQ page I have already disabled the Lightning calendar which apparently is known to slow the email program.

Can anyone guide me as to how to correct these problems?

Any help is most appreciated.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Thunderbird Problems

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire