Pages

RealTek 8821au Linux Driver 16.04: install.sh fails

mardi 19 juillet 2016

Hello Experts,

I have been trying to install the RealTek 8821au driver on Ubuntu 16.04 Server OS but install.sh keeps failing. The RealTek WiFi comes as a USB adapter from 'Glam Hobby' manufacturer and was bought on Amazon http://ift.tt/1Ai8jrQ I have downloaded the latest drivers from http://ift.tt/29KWAPz and following are the contents.

root@UbuntuServer1604:~/driver/rtl8821AU_linux_v4.3.14_13455.20150212_BTCOEX20150 128-51# ls
clean core hal ifcfg-wlan0 include Kconfig Makefile os_dep platform runwpa wlan0dhcp
root@UbuntuServer1604:~/driver/rtl8821AU_linux_v4.3.14_13455.20150212_BTCOEX20150 128-51#

When I run 'make' with superuser permissions, it fails with following message. I have not changed any file and running them as is. Running 'bash install.sh' available also fails exactly for the same following message.

root@UbuntuServer1604:~/driver/rtl8821AU_linux_v4.3.14_13455.20150212_BTCOEX20150 128-51# make
make ARCH=x86_64 CROSS_COMPILE= -C /lib/modules/4.4.0-31-generic/build M=/root/driver/rtl8821AU_linux_v4.3.14_13455.20150212_BTCOEX20150 128-51 modules
make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.4.0-31-generic'
Makefile:340: scripts/Kbuild.include: No such file or directory
Makefile:622: arch/x86/Makefile: No such file or directory
/bin/bash: ./scripts/gcc-goto.sh: No such file or directory
Makefile:796: scripts/Makefile.kasan: No such file or directory
Makefile:797: scripts/Makefile.extrawarn: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'scripts/Makefile.extrawarn'. Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.4.0-31-generic'
Makefile:1551: recipe for target 'modules' failed
make: *** [modules] Error 2
root@UbuntuServer1604:~/driver/rtl8821AU_linux_v4.3.14_13455.20150212_BTCOEX20150 128-51#

Searched around in this forum and checked for most common issues but has not fixed my issue. Can someone please help?

Thank you,
Naveen.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



RealTek 8821au Linux Driver 16.04: install.sh fails

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire