Pages

Need help in debugging slowness and freezes

samedi 23 juillet 2016

I purchased a new PC lately with the following configuration:

Intel core i3 processor with 3.6 ghz
4 gb ram
160 gb hard-disk

I installed Ubuntu 16.04 on it and it seems to be working extremely slow. I was a user of Ubuntu since 10.04 but switched to Elementary OS a couple of months back since I liked it's user interface.

Their latest beta release seems to have lot of bugs so I switched back to Ubuntu.

Here is what I generally keep open:

1) 10 tabs in Chrome
2) Skype 4.3
3) Slack
4) Sublime text
5) Terminator

I thought the ram and processor are good enough to handle this kind of load.

But I get freezes(the mouse doesn't hang, just takes time) while opening any new application. If I click on the dash, it takes 3-4 secs for the dash window to appear.

If I open Firefox for example, even then it seems to freeze and take a little bit of time to stabilize.

Can anyone help me in debugging these issues?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Need help in debugging slowness and freezes

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire