Pages

Mini-PCs: Sumvision Cyclone Mini Micro

mardi 26 juillet 2016

For those who want a tiny, cheap, low consumption PC just for running general desktop packages, the number of available PCs seems to be mushrooming. I thought the NUC a bit expensive for my meagre requirements so I've been battling with a Mini-PC, that comes in several guises, and have realised that a major problem is overheating. Now that I've overcome this (with a homemade case and fan) it is running Xubuntu very well, IMO and is a good little workhorse.
However, the chipset doesn't seem to be well supported, ie no sound, bluetooth or WiFi.
My questions are:

  1. Has anyone else persevered with one of these variants and had more success than I have? My searches have proved fruitless so far.
  2. Is it worth pursuing the installation of Linux on these or are they too difficult and should just be left to languish in the Win10 community?

My diary of failures, prior to success with this PC, is at: http://ift.tt/2aaGgCJ

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Mini-PCs: Sumvision Cyclone Mini Micro

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire