Pages

luks encrypted disk doesn't accept key

lundi 25 juillet 2016

Hello everyone. I registered because I have a problem I can't find a solution on the web. Installing ubuntu 16.04 from the usb, I encrypted my main disk with luks and used a password I remember perfectly. As this is the main hard disk, I can't use windows anymore, because the disk containing it is encrypted. I tried to decrypt but it won't accept my key, and I'm 200% it's right. I made a little research on internet and found out that the keyboard may be the cause of all it. So I changed my keyboard layout to English (US) and tried to decrypt without success.

I used that to decrypt the disk:

Code:

 cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/disk cryptdisk
and it answered me:

Code:

 no key available with this passphrase
I hope you can help me because I need to use a lot of the files stored in there. As I'm beginning using linux, I'd appreciate if you guide me step by step. Lot of thanks!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



luks encrypted disk doesn't accept key

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire