Pages

Installing Ubuntu on MSI gt80

lundi 18 juillet 2016

So a few days ago I bought the MSI gt80 titan. First thing I did when I bought it was uninstall Windows and attempt to install Ubuntu, but I've been having a bit of trouble. I guess the problem is that my computer has 2 SATA SSDs linked in RAID0, and this causes Ubuntu's ubiquity installer to crash somewhere in the middle of the install (it actually crashes while installing Grub). Also, due to my graphics, I have to use

Code:

nomodeset
to live boot Ubuntu or install it, otherwise i get a black screen. I've disabled secureboot, intel speedstep, and fastboot, and also tried booting with Legacy mode and also UEFI + CSM mode, and just normal UEFI mode, and none of these has prevented the installer from crashing.

I was wondering how I could install Ubuntu with RAID 0 for my 2 SSDs? Or, how could I break the RAID and just have 2 SSDs and then install Ubuntu normally (assuming that RAID is the reason why the installer is crashing)? I'm a bit hesitant to break RAID for a couple of reasons, but if that would be faster and easier I would probably resort to it.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Installing Ubuntu on MSI gt80

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire