Pages

[gnome] Drivers radeon R7 m370

mardi 19 juillet 2016

Hello there, a month ago I bought a new Lenovo e560 laptop with a radeon R7 M370 video card. Everything works really fast and well with Windows (great! the card is working! but windows.. no thanks..), I started to have issues when installed the last version of Ubuntu (16.04) with gnome (downloaded from this link).

I didn't realize that the dedicated video drivers were not installed until the day where the screen froze and some 'radeon' error messages appeared. That was where I started to search if I had the drivers installed.

Code:

$ lspci -vnn
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 520 [8086:1916] (rev 07) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
    Subsystem: Lenovo Skylake Integrated Graphics [17aa:5049]
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 127
    Memory at e0000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
    Memory at d0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
    I/O ports at 4000 [size=64]
    [virtual] Expansion ROM at 000c0000 [disabled] [size=128K]
    Capabilities: <access denied>
    Kernel driver in use: i915
    Kernel modules: i915

[...]

03:00.0 Display controller [0380]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Mars [Radeon HD 8670A/8670M/8750M] [1002:6600] (rev ff) (prog-if ff)
    !!! Unknown header type 7f
    Kernel driver in use: radeon
    Kernel modules: radeon
This makes me think that Ubuntu doesn't recognize the video card, I tried to search the drivers to compile myself but, there is no option for the 16.04 version (link).

So, it would be really nice if someone who had the same issue and found a workaround could share its experience.

Regards
--
Alejandro

Let's block ads! (Why?)



[gnome] Drivers radeon R7 m370

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire