Pages

Fan and power management not working - ubuntu 16.04

samedi 23 juillet 2016

I'm running ubuntu-mate 16.04 (64-bit) on a Lenovo Ideapad, with dual core i3-5005U CPU. Over the last couple of days, I have noticed that the fan no longer works. Specifically it never switches on, no matter how hot the computer gets. I also sometimes get an error message telling me that mate-power-manager has crashed.

When I first installed ubuntu-mate, about a month ago, the fan did work - so this is a new development.

I have tried to search the forums, but have found nothing up to date. Most forum discussions on this topic seem to involve installing lm-sensors, which I have done. The output from the command "sensors" is:

Code:

coretemp-isa-0000Adapter: ISA adapter
Physical id 0:  +39.0°C  (high = +105.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)
Core 0:         +39.0°C  (high = +105.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)
Core 1:         +38.0°C  (high = +105.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)


thinkpad-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
fan1:           0 RPM
Obviously the temperatures here are not high, but even at much higher temps the fan still remains at 0 RPM. I have tried updating grub and rebooting and shutting down the laptop, but that doesn't help. I tried running the command "lm-sensors-detect" and selected "yes" for all of the options it gave me, but it did not help.

I don't know how to proceed and would appreciate any help. I would rather not reinstall the OS all over again, because it took me quite a while to get everything just how I like it.

Thanks!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Fan and power management not working - ubuntu 16.04

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire