Pages

closing a thread

mardi 19 juillet 2016

Right now you have a single closing thread thing - solved. I have been told that 'resolved' is also being consider as a second choice. From experience I think you need just one more - "waste of time" comes to mind (I am guilty of putting these up and then realizing that the actual basis was flawed from the beginning and/or the question/thought just made no sense. Perhaps instead of that one could submit one that the author thinks is a waste of time to somebody with common sense? The common sense person can then 'suggest' a reason for closure.

There is also a problem with questions asked 3 to 5 years ago and, in that span of time, software tends to change a LOT. If an answer is no longer pertinent then, perhaps, one could mark it out of date or something? (I have no idea how this would work but I know that when I have a problem I start reading everything I can lay my hands on and email is, usually, a real time waster. On occasion its not only not pertinent but can be dangerous. I now reject any email over 3 years old when I search for a problem as, it seems, most of the time they are a waste of time.

Thank you..............

Let's block ads! (Why?)



closing a thread

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire