Pages

[all variants] Surface Pro Keyboard Stops Working After Detached Until Rebooted

mercredi 20 juillet 2016

Hey Guys,

I'm a newb. So, speak to me like I'm an idiot. Because in terms of Linux, I'm an idiot.

I'm happy to have that out of the way.

I just got a first gen surface pro and I'm running Ubuntu Mate on it. Before this I tried Ubuntu as well as Elementary. In ALL of the distros AFTER I unplug the keyboard (to read as a tablet, etc) (it's the hard key, magnetic keyboard that most people use NOT USB) the keyboard becomes unresponsive to all input after replugging UNTIL I reboot (not restart but actually turn off the SP and turn it back on) and then the keyboard works normally.

This is inconvenient as I purchased this for my thesis (I live in Amsterdam and I spend a lot of time on a bike so my 15inch 2012 beast of a MacBook Pro is a bit cumbersome) and I often go from reading theory to writing thesis.

Another issue is the auto-rotate not working at all but I'll post that elsewhere .

Since I'm a newb, please have mercy on me in the way you reply.

Cheers

Let's block ads! (Why?)



[all variants] Surface Pro Keyboard Stops Working After Detached Until Rebooted

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire