I have successfully installed Ubuntu using my USB with no problems. I decided I wanted to stick with xfce so I put Xubuntu on my work PC and I recieved this message the first two tries and it would just never get past that point:
A start job is running for Ubuntu live CD installer (1 min 24s/no limit)
Now I'm trying to install it on a home PC and it always displays that message and not once has it properly given me the install screen. I've tried Xubuntu 16.04 and 16.04.1 64 bit versions. I'm using rufus and I tried 2.8 and 2.10. I've tried all the option variations I can think of but I'm certainly willing to try more. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Just a side note, I cannot believe how amazing Xubuntu runs on the work computer! I am running a heavily modded minetest server for my students and previously vista was on the computer and it was capping out at 100% CPU quite a bit but with Xubuntu I haven't seen it go over 30%!! It's just so clean and smooth too, I love it. I really hope I can get it working on the home PC so that I can experiment more!
Thank you so much for your time!
-Mike
EDIT - Update - So strangely enough I got frustrated and went and ate food for a while and returned and it was actually at the installation screen. I can't quite remember if I had just let it go when it was at the "A start job" bit or if I had just started it again. I'll definitely be testing. I have let it run a while before and it never got past. With the work computer on the 3rd try when it actually worked I never saw that "A start job" bit at all, it went straight into the install dialogue. Weird stuff. Also FYI the work comp is a Dell Optiplex 760 and the home PC is a 755 (both testing machines of mine that I got cheap). If people have more insight I'd be super interested! I have many more PCs I'd like to install this on for the kiddos.
Xubuntu USB Installation Blues
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire