Hello All
just built a socket am1 MSI AM1I, AMD 5350, 8gb hyperx fury ram, unfortunately getting very frequent (inevitable) complete lockups of the whole pc (though sometimes a console is still available on ctl-alt-f1)
Completely default bios settings no overclock or anything. cpu runs at about 21c.
accessing memory from standard user-land python programs, using all the memory in a massive string and checking its integrity and another program just doing maths ops running at 100% on another core, then the memory seems to work ok.
It passed a memtest86 full pass
First tried to install mint standard edition and that gave errors saying file on disk did not match cd even though I had done the verify media integrity check. Eventually that installed but using firefox crashed/locked the machine soon after boot.
I then moved to trying Xubuntu xubuntu-16.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso which installed OK but as with mint it was locking up the entire windowing system while using firefox. I then shifted to chrome and that seems to work ok for about an hour or two with no errors in syslog.
I did notice a linux firmware update to the system so not sure if that improved it
The machine will work ok for an hour or so OK playing videos and browsing the web (sometimes even longer and manages to play a full film) but then in syslog start getting odd errors such as this random selection:
BUG: Bad page state in process SimpleCacheWork
[...]
general protection fault: 0000 [#1] SMP
[...]
BUG: Bad page state in process BrowserBlocking pfn:6848b
[...]
BUG: Bad page state in process khugepaged pfn:14d6be
[...]
BUG: Bad page map in process dpkg pte:80000001c8d7d025 pmd:0d031067
[...]
BUG: bad page map in process systemd-cgroups pte:80000001c8d7d025 pmd:2315b2067
[....]
traps: chrome[3927] trap stack segment ip:56508c275f2e sp:7ffdaf611d10 error:0 in chrome[56508b368000+5dfb000]
[...]
and then shortly afterwards locks up the whole machine
This kind of makes me think it could be a firmware problem though
could still be a hardware problem... faulty mobo? faulty cpu? faulty/unsupported memory?
I see there is an extra driver amd microcode I have tried it with and without, crashes either way.
any help would be appreciated.
[xubuntu] msi am1i amd 5350 total lock ups, page faults.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire