Two step problem.
1. I tried updating Ubuntu Studio from the desktop when prompted to do so. This crashed, leaving me with a blank screen, part way through, possibly because the update program interpreted some mouse movements as mouse clicks. (The problem occurred when I was trying to answer a question, don't remember what it was about.) Now Ubuntu won't start, error is "Target filesystem doesn't have requested /sbin/init". Is there a way to recover from that?
2. I downloaded an ISO image and booted it from CD. When I tried to install the new version I could not figure out how to install it in the same place as the partially-updated version. As far as I can see, the partitioner wants me to create a new partition, rather than overwrite the old partition (with partially-updated Ubuntu). Of course, it would be better to update just the OS, leaving user files untouched, but I suspect that's not possible now. Also, I don't see to have the option of just formatting the old Ubuntu partition to get rid of the old files. Should I just reduce the size of the old partition as much as possible and put up with the loss of disk space? I am also a bit worried that the old partition also thinks it is Ubuntu 16.04.1, which I suppose could cause problems with the bootloader.
The other OS in my dual boot is Windows 10. Computer is a Lenovo B590
[ubuntu] Update to 16.04.1 on dual boot system fails
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire