Pages

[ubuntu] Seems Firewire is now no longer supported in Ubuntu Studio

jeudi 18 août 2016

Hi
How about FW not working in a studio box.
After many years of using Ubuntu I find I cannot use a Saffire pro26 as I get a Dbus error connecting,
this means I have no FFADO mixer, so no recording system.

To make it worse I researched the hardware and software before buying the saffire, said to be fully supported!
I also bought a FW card supported by FFado.

It seems all the info is years out of date.

Please advise how you multi track in Linux now.

I cannot use the saffire adats with my RME card as I cannot set the unit to use adat.

Are you all using USB?

I used two DDX 3216 on adat for years but they are now gone after giving years of good service.

Totally lost on this at the moment.

For you who may understand this I have this:

**********************************
. /sys/bus/firewire/devices/fw*/*_name
/sys/bus/firewire/devices/fw0/model_name:Juju
/sys/bus/firewire/devices/fw0/vendor_name:Linux Firewire

*****************************
I thought I would see the saffire as fw1.
Am I right in assuming fw0 is the controller?

Cheers Bob

Let's block ads! (Why?)



[ubuntu] Seems Firewire is now no longer supported in Ubuntu Studio

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire