Pages

[ubuntu] mail not sending to external email

mardi 9 août 2016

(Note: I am trying to figure this out for a local Linux User Group, so any help here will be greatly multipled)

I want to be able to have the mail command send mail to an outside of my pc email address, e.g. me@joogio.com
I have sendmail and mailutils installed, the sendmail daemon is running, and I can send mail internally, e.g.
$ sudo mail -s "Hello from root" joeuser
where i compose and ctrl+d to send the mail message to joeuser who then types
$ mail
to see that internal mail.

But if i try to send mail not to joeuser but to me@joogio.com i never receive it at me@joogio.com

My Thunderbird email for me@joogio.com has server settings of IMAP port 143 and SMTP (outgoing email) port 587. I am wondering if somehow sendmail's daemon needs to be using port 587 to send mail instead of the default port 25 (most ISPs block port 25 I believe because of spam)? But if so, how do i configure that?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



[ubuntu] mail not sending to external email

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire