Pages

[ubuntu] Can't get sound working on Gigabye GA-990FXA-UD3 with ALC889

lundi 1 août 2016

Okay, here's the problem: I use the analog line out jacks for 5.1 audio, since I've had mixed success with my speakers' SPDIF support. They show up on aplay -l as

Code:

card 0: SB [HDA ATI SB], device 0: ALC889 Analog [ALC889 Analog]
  Subdevices: 0/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
and aplay -L as... a whole lot of things, including the default output.

However, I can't get System Settings => Sound or pulseaudio volume control to recognize them. The former just doesn't list them, and the latter incorrectly lists every analog-out option as "unplugged." On top of that, when I try to use aplay or speaker-test with output forced to anything that should correspond with those analog outs, I get some variation on this error:

Code:

aplay: set_params:1239: Channels count non available
except through "plughw", which actually does give an appropriate output.

I've tried every solution I've managed to dredge up, and none of them have done anything.

And here are the results of my alsainfo.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



[ubuntu] Can't get sound working on Gigabye GA-990FXA-UD3 with ALC889

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire