Pages

[ubuntu] 16.04 Metacity and monitor resolution and animation settings not saved

dimanche 7 août 2016

Upgrade from 14.04LTS to 16.04LTS with Metacity (not Unity) and my choices of 1024x768 resolution and no animation are not saved, after a reboot it defaults back to 1449x900 with toolbar selections being animated. I've a GTX640 graphics card on a desktop PC, Gnome Flashback and Metacity.

Changing the resolution in System Tools>System Settings>Screen Display it is not permanently saved neither if I use gnome-tweak-tool to change the resolution and select no animation.

I can change the resolution in NVIDIA X Server Settings but asks where the setting should be saved which I don't know.

Rather than perhaps adding a custom autostart file, there must surely be a simpler way.

Edit: etc/X11/xorg.conf has resolution as 1024x768 but this doesn't stop it defaulting back to 1449x900 after a reboot.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



[ubuntu] 16.04 Metacity and monitor resolution and animation settings not saved

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire