Pages

[ubuntu] 16.04 Latitude E5440 Backlight goes off

jeudi 4 août 2016

Heya,

I've got a Latitude E5440 where the backlight goes off after 2 minutes unless it's on a dock.

I've turned off any autobrightness settings. I just noticed this today....

Here are some interesting outputs from my syslog

Code:

Aug  4 11:21:02 MACHINE systemd[1]: Started Daemon for power management.
Aug  4 11:21:02 MACHINE ofonod[3106]: ofonod[3106]: parse_devices_reply: found 1st battery device: /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/battery_BAT0
Aug  4 11:21:02 MACHINE ofonod[3106]: parse_devices_reply: found 1st battery device: /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/battery_BAT0
Aug  4 11:21:02 MACHINE repowerd[3032]: UPowerPowerSource: add_device_if_battery(/org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/battery_BAT0), is_present=1, state=2, percentage=100.00, temperature=0.00
Aug  4 11:21:02 MACHINE repowerd[3032]: DefaultStateMachine: handle_turn_on_display
Aug  4 11:21:02 MACHINE repowerd[3032]: LibsuspendSuspendControl: disallow_suspend(DefaultStateMachine)
Aug  4 11:21:02 MACHINE repowerd[3032]: LibsuspendSuspendControl: exiting suspend
Aug  4 11:21:02 MACHINE colord[3157]: (colord:3157): Cd-WARNING **: failed to get session [pid 3050]: No such device or address
Aug  4 11:21:02 MACHINE repowerd[3032]: UnityDisplayPowerControl: turn_on()
Aug  4 11:21:02 MACHINE repowerd[3032]: BacklightBrightnessControl: Transitioning brightness 0.40 => 0.40 in 0.02 steps 1000.00us each
Aug  4 11:21:02 MACHINE repowerd[3032]: BacklightBrightnessControl: Transitioning brightness 0.40 => 0.40 done
Aug  4 11:21:02 MACHINE repowerd[3032]: UnityScreenService: dbus_emit_brightness(0.400000), brightness_value=102
Aug  4 11:21:02 MACHINE repowerd[3032]: UnityScreenService: dbus_emit_DisplayPowerStateChange(1,0)

...

Aug  4 11:21:52 MACHINE repowerd[3032]: DefaultStateMachine: handle_alarm(display_dim)
Aug  4 11:21:52 MACHINE repowerd[3032]: BacklightBrightnessControl: Transitioning brightness 0.40 => 0.04 in 36.08 steps 1000.00us each
Aug  4 11:21:52 MACHINE repowerd[3032]: BacklightBrightnessControl: Transitioning brightness 0.40 => 0.04 done
Aug  4 11:21:52 MACHINE repowerd[3032]: UnityScreenService: dbus_emit_brightness(0.039216), brightness_value=10
I'm happy to post more/full syslog info, as I only pasted in the seemingly relevant power state info.

I Dualboot, and the other os does not have back light issue....

The OS shuts the back light off in 2 steps. Step one turns the brightness all the way down. Step two shuts the back light off. Between step 1 and step 2 I can use the hot keys to turn the brightness back up to full, but the 2nd step comes along a few seconds later and kills the backlight anyway.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



[ubuntu] 16.04 Latitude E5440 Backlight goes off

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire