Pages

[ubuntu] 16.04: Jmicron Gigabit NIC does not work on 1000 mbps speed

dimanche 7 août 2016

Hi,

My laptop (Asus K42 JA) has a Jmicron Gigabit nic card, full name is below

Code:

lspci -nn | grep -i eth
07:00.5 Ethernet controller [0200]: JMicron Technology Corp. JMC250 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller [197b:0250] (rev 03)
and here is the ethtool output (Right now its forced to 100 mbps)

Code:

sudo ethtool enp7s0f5
Settings for enp7s0f5:
        Supported ports: [ TP MII ]
        Supported link modes:   10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                                100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
                                1000baseT/Half 1000baseT/Full
        Supported pause frame use: No
        Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
        Advertised link modes:  100baseT/Full
        Advertised pause frame use: Symmetric Receive-only
        Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
        Link partner advertised link modes:  10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                                             100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
        Link partner advertised pause frame use: Symmetric Receive-only
        Link partner advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
        Speed: 100Mb/s
        Duplex: Full
        Port: MII
        PHYAD: 1
        Transceiver: internal
        Auto-negotiation: on
        Supports Wake-on: pg
        Wake-on: g
        Current message level: 0x000020c6 (8390)
                               probe link rx_err tx_err hw
        Link detected: yes
It is supposed to work on max 1000 mbps but if I leave the card at 1000 mpbs with auto-negotiation, the link does not get detected at the other end. I have an Asus AC router and a Sonicwall Firewall, both supporting 1000 mbps, The same ports on both Asus and Sonicwall does work on 1000 mbps if I connect some other gigabit device to them.

I have tried forcing the speed on the Ubuntu for the laptop nic to 100 mbps and this works fine, link gets detected and also works at 100 mbps. I used the below command from another thread to do so

Code:

sudo ethtool -s enp7s0f5 speed 100 duplex full autoneg on
Even if I change the 100 to 1000 on the above command the link does not get detected.

Is there anything else I could try?

Edit: Changed multiple cable, even tried the cable which works at 1000 mbps on other devices

Thanks

Let's block ads! (Why?)



[ubuntu] 16.04: Jmicron Gigabit NIC does not work on 1000 mbps speed

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire