Pages

Trying to get Nvidia card working again

mercredi 17 août 2016

I have a desktop machine that I recently upgraded from Kubuntu 14.04 to 16.04. It has an Nvidia GT610 graphics card running three monitors, using the proprietary drivers. Last week, I was noodling around in the settings and noticed there was a newer driver available, so I upgraded it. On Monday morning, I discovered one of the monitors wasn't working, which I attributed to the driver upgrade. I tried to roll it back, or find new drivers, but nothing seemed to help, and I eventually got it to the point where it would not boot at all with the Nvidia card in there.

I've since figured out that the monitor itself was bad, and if I'd thought to swap it out before diving into the drivers, everything would probably have been fine.

I'm currently making do with an old Radeon card that can only drive two monitors, but I really want to get the Nvidia card working again. I've tried downloading the proprietary driver again, but it won't install unless the card is installed, and then it won't boot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

This is what it looks like when it stops booting

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Trying to get Nvidia card working again

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire