Hello, I have installed ubuntu desktop OS man times and never had any real trouble. This however is a whole new ballgame, I will do my best to give the full rundown.
So I installed ubuntu 16 server onto a little HTPC I had laying around, there were no errors or issues during the install. I quickly realized the ethernet adapter wasn't working properly, after a lot of searching I found out that this is a fairly common issue and there were guides going back as far as ubuntu 10, I tried to find the most relevant one and follow the steps. I ended up downloading the 0005-r8168-8.042.00.tar.bz2 (something close to that at any rate)
I then used bzip2 and then tar to unpack it, I realized later that I could have just used tar but anyway it was all unpacked and available. The next step was to run the "autorun.sh" file however it will not run. Everything that I have found suggests this should work out of the box and yet it gives me errors. If I try to run it with "./autorun.sh" it tells me permission is denied, if I use "sudo ./autorun.sh" it tells me the command isn't found.
I am going to try a fresh install and then to load the drivers from the start as well. Just hoping someone may have some insight that will make this a little less frustrating ha ha.
[server] Realtek r8168 stuck on r8169
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire