Pages

[lubuntu] kworker using 100% CPU and over 90°C when reconnecting lost WiFi connection

dimanche 14 août 2016

Hello

When I use the WiFi on my notebook and it loses connection, it may reconnect soon later, it may disconnect or it may keep trying to reconnect forever and then use 100% CPU. The issue happens on this third case: once that eternal reconnection attempt happens, the only 2 ways it will stop using 100% CPU is by rebooting the computer or if (by a miracle) it reconnects.

When this happens, not only I become unable to connect to any wireless network, but the notebook's temperature gets pretty high: after 2 minutes, it easily raises to 90°C. Nothing makes the temperature raise so quickly, even other CPU intensive processes which use 100% all the time. As a workaround to solve this if I can't reboot the notebook, I change the CPU frequency to 1 GHz, so the temperature gets lower. But my father don't know how to do this, so if this happens when he is using, the only thing he can do is to restart the computer.

When looking at the result of the command top when the bug happens, there are 2 different kworker processes that demands high CPU.

As consequence of this, the user can no longer use wireless connections and the temperature gets dangerously high.

The notebook is a Asus M2400N with a 1.7 GHz processor and 1248 MB of RAM. Its wireless device is a Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 2200BG [Calexico2] Network Connection (rev 05). All versions of Lubuntu which I installed (from 12.04 to 16.04) present this issue.

Thank you.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



[lubuntu] kworker using 100% CPU and over 90°C when reconnecting lost WiFi connection

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire