Pages

Lexmark Printer Issues on 16.04

mercredi 3 août 2016

New to Ubuntu, starting to fall out of love with it. I have a Lexmark X5650 and it's basically a "paperweight". The sad truth is that it wasn't a "paperweight" until I installed Ubuntu. I spent the entire day yesterday trying to get my printer to work. I understand the fact that my 64 bit system is an issue for Ubuntu when it comes to printing. What bugs me is that these older Lexmark printers worked fine in older distributions of Ubuntu. I would hope that the Ubuntu universe wouldn't change the OS so drastically that it suddenly broke people's working printers with an upgrade.

/bitching

Can anyone help? I've installed so many packages based on so many threads in this forum that I don't know wtf I did. When I try to run the Lexmark driver installer, I make it to the point that it errors on opening xterm-256color or something.

System Details:

Proprietary Driver.pngScreenshot from 2016-07-31 12-43-15.png

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Lexmark Printer Issues on 16.04

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire