Pages

CIFS Mount error (112) Mounting Win2012r2 share on Ubuntu 16.04

mardi 9 août 2016

Hi guys!

I've spent the last 4 hours tearing my hair out over something I have done in some capacity over and over again for years: mounting windows shares.

I'm attempting to use fstab to do this, here is my fstab line:

Code:

//192.168.1.201/netstore  /netstore  cifs  guest,uid=1000,iocharset=utf8  0  0
So pretty simple right? I have a folder in root called "netstore", there's no password on the samba share.

The Windows 2012R2 box is a domain controller for a domain. A windows 7 box NOT on the domain can open the share with no problem.

Some troubleshooting now:

Both port 445 and 139 are open on the Windows 2012 box for the ubuntu box:

Code:

ashley@tayles-cs:~$ telnet 192.168.1.201 445
Trying 192.168.1.201...
Connected to 192.168.1.201.
Escape character is '^]'.

ashley@tayles-cs:~$ telnet 192.168.1.201 139
Trying 192.168.1.201...
Connected to 192.168.1.201.
Escape character is '^]'.
And to make doubly sure there is full connectivity:

Code:

ashley@tayles-cs:~$ ping 192.168.1.201
PING 192.168.1.201 (192.168.1.201) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 192.168.1.201: icmp_seq=1 ttl=128 time=0.178 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.201: icmp_seq=2 ttl=128 time=0.181 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.201: icmp_seq=3 ttl=128 time=0.125 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.201: icmp_seq=4 ttl=128 time=0.173 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.201: icmp_seq=5 ttl=128 time=0.165 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.201: icmp_seq=6 ttl=128 time=0.141 ms
^C
--- 192.168.1.201 ping statistics ---
6 packets transmitted, 6 received, 0% packet loss, time 4997ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.125/0.160/0.181/0.024 ms
I've tried using the NETBIOS AND the FQDN in the FSTAB with exactly the same results.

Trying to connect using smbclient:

Code:

ashley@tayles-cs:~$ smbclient //192.168.1.201/netstore -U guest
WARNING: The "syslog" option is deprecated
Enter guest's password:
protocol negotiation failed: NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_RESET

ashley@tayles-cs:~$ smbclient //192.168.1.201/netstore -U ashley
WARNING: The "syslog" option is deprecated
Enter ashley's password:
protocol negotiation failed: NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_RESET

ashley@tayles-cs:~$ sudo smbclient //192.168.1.201/netstore -U ashley
WARNING: The "syslog" option is deprecated
Enter ashley's password:
protocol negotiation failed: NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_RESET
I've checked the Window Event Viewer and there are NO attempted connections from the Ubuntu box. If I use my windows 7 pc and try to connect using bad creds, I get failed attempted logs, so I would expect the same if Ubuntu was failing to connect?

Anyone got any ideas? I have run out of things to Google lol. If you want more output just shout!

Thanks,
Ashley

Let's block ads! (Why?)



CIFS Mount error (112) Mounting Win2012r2 share on Ubuntu 16.04

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire